Who is eligible for this program?
- Equipment owners servicing the Port of Baltimore.
What are the eligibility requirements for the equipment?
- Meets a usage rate of 1000 hours per year or more.
- Tier 0 or Unregulated locomotive tier.
- Applicants must complete an application and provide copies of documentation (including certification of usage rate, proposed costs and model information for idle reduction technology).
What kind of equipment can be purchased?
- Must be on the EPA or CARB verified idle reduction technology list for locomotives.