Who is eligible for this program?
- Equipment owners serving the Port of Baltimore.
How much funding is available?
Diesel Replacement - 25%
Diesel Repower - 40%
All Electric Replacement - 45%
All Electric Repower - 60%
- Funding can cover up to 40% of the cost (labor and equipment) of replacing a diesel engine.
- Funding can cover up to 60% of the cost (labor and equipment) of replacing a diesel engine with a zero emission power source.
What kind of engines can be purchased?
- Engines must be 2018 or newer.
What is the purpose of this program?
- The purpose of this program is to reduce air pollution associated with the transport of goods to and from the Port of Baltimore.
Can I apply for funding for more than one engine?
- Yes. Each engine must meet the eligibility requirements.
What are the eligibility requirements for the engines?
- Meets a usage rate of 1,000 hours per year or more.
- Unregulated - Tier 2 spark ignition engine.
- Applicants must complete an application and provide copies of documentation (including certification of usage rate, proposed costs and details about the new engines).
What is included in a complete application package?
- A signed and completed application.
- A copy of proposed quote for project.
- Pictures of your vessel and engines.
- Documentation of usage and tier rating.
When should I buy my new engines?
- Program staff will contact you after you are accepted into the program. At this time, you will receive an acceptance packet with instructions for how to proceed with your project.
- Do NOT purchase engines prior to program approval or you risk making your project ineligible for the program.
When should I scrap my old engines?
- Program staff will contact you after you are accepted into the program to give you more details on how and when to scrap your engines. A checklist for documenting the scrappage process will be provided to you.
- Do NOT scrap your engines without program approval or you risk making your equipment ineligible for the program.
How can I get an application?
- Go to the application page to apply online or click here to download an application.
- Call the program hotline at 410.205.2730 to request an application.
How can I get an more information?
- For questions, please call the program hotline at 410.205.2730.