Who is eligible for this program?
- Equipment owners serving the Port of Baltimore.
How much funding is available?
Diesel Replacement - 25%
Diesel Repower - 40%
All Electric Replacement - 45%
All Electric Repower - 60%
What kind of equipment can be purchased?
- Engines must be 2018 or newer.
- Must meet EPA Tier 4 emissions standards unless Tier 4 Final is not available from the OEM for 2018 model year equipment under the Transition Program for Equipment Manufacturers.
What is the purpose of this program?
- The purpose of this program is to reduce air pollution associated with the transport of goods to and from the Port of Baltimore.
Can I apply for funding for more than one piece of equipment?
- Yes. Each piece of equipment must meet the eligibility requirements.
What are the eligibility requirements for the equipment?
- Meets a usage rate of 500 hours per year or more.
- Applicants must complete an application and provide copies of documentation (including certification of usage rate, proposed costs and model information for the repower or replacement equipment, and photographs of the equipment).
- Falls within the following categories:
My equipment just broke down – can I replace it with newer equipment through this program
- Equipment must be operational the day of scrappage.
What is included in a complete application package?
- A signed and completed application.
When should I buy my new equipment?
- Program staff will contact you after you are accepted into the program.
At this time, you will receive an acceptance packet with instructions for how
to proceed with the purchase of your new equipment.
- Do NOT purchase new equipment prior to program approval or you risk making your equipment ineligible for the program.
When should I scrap my old equipment?
- Program staff will contact you after you are accepted into the program to give you more details on how and when to scrap your equipment. A checklist for documenting the scrappage process will be provided to you.
- Do NOT scrap your equipment without program approval or you risk making your equipment ineligible for the program.
How can I get an application?
- Go to the application page to apply online or click here to download an application.
- Call the program hotline at 410.205.2730 to request an application.
How can I get an more information?
- For questions, please call the program hotline at 410.205.2730.