- Independent owner-operators as well as fleet owners may apply.
- Preference will be given to trucks registered in the State of Maryland. However, trucks that are registered in another state but serve the Port of Baltimore are still eligible.
- Carriers must currently provide drayage truck services to the Port of Baltimore facilities. Proof of port service can be established via a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC), the Maryland Port Administration’s eModal, or other transportation monitoring systems. Please send a copy (front and back) of your TWIC as an attachment to your application, and carefully complete the “Company Information” section of the application because the information provided in this section will also be used to verify port service.
- Applicants must complete an application and provide copies of documentation (including TWIC card, truck title, up-to-date registration, proof of insurance, photograph of the truck submitted for replacement, and proof of financing pre-approval). Documentation must be sent with the application verifying the make, model, and year of the truck in question.
- Applicants must be in relatively good financial record and, once accepted into the program, be able to secure financing for the outstanding balance of the truck. Applicants must submit a letter showing they have been pre-approved for a loan to cover the remaining cost of the new truck.
What old trucks can be replaced?
- Applicants must have owned their truck for at least one year, according to the date on the title, to be eligible.
- Per EPA requirements, trucks must be 1996-2006 model year to be eligible for the program.
- Eligible trucks must be operational, street legal, and currently used to transport cargo to/from the Port of Baltimore.
- Old trucks must only be scrapped only when advised to do so by program staff.
What trucks can be purchased?
- This program requires owner-operators to purchase a truck with a 2013 model year or newer certified engine.This will generally be a 2014 or newer model year truck.